SAVE THE DATE: 2021 Community and Economic Development Awards
Please join us on Wednesday, September 15, 2021 for the WEDA’s 2021 Community & Economic Development Awards (CEDA) ceremony! The CEDA Awards program was established by WEDA to recognize businesses, projects, and organizations that are making significant contributions to Wisconsin’s economy.
The winners in each of the following six CEDA categories will be announced at the awards presentation, which is scheduled to be held in-person at the Edgewater Hotel in Madison, WI:
- Business Retention and Expansion;
- Economic Development Initiative;
- Economic Driver;
- Public-Private Partnership;
- Real Estate Redevelopment and Reuse; and
- Talent Development.
CEDA AWARDS DETAILS:
- WHAT: Community and Economic Development Awards Ceremony
- WHEN: Wednesday, September 15, 2021 – 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Networking Reception & Small Plate Dining: 5:00 – 6:30 p.m.
- Awards Ceremony: 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- WHERE: The Edgewater Hotel – Madison, WI (1001 Wisconsin Ave, Madison, WI 53703)
- Business Retention & Expansion – This category recognizes innovative economic development projects where communities have successfully mobilized to help retain and potentially expand the operations of an existing business critical to the economic vitality of the community. Finalists:
- Attwill Medical Solutions
- Double B’s BBQ
- Economic Development Initiative – This category recognizes innovative community and economic development efforts that successfully promote growth and prosperity in Wisconsin communities. Finalists:
- City of Oconomowoc, Parks, Recreation & Forestry
- City of West Allis – First-Ring Industrial Redevelopment Enterprise (FIRE)
- Latino Chamber of Commerce
- Economic Driver – This category recognizes businesses committed to long-term investment in their Wisconsin operations that have a significant economic impact in their community and across the state. Finalists:
- Greenfire Management Services, LLC
- Hendricks Commercial Properties
- Kwik Trip
- Private-Public Partnership – This category recognizes projects, programs or initiatives that have been successful due to exceptional collaboration between the public and private sectors. Finalists:
- City of Onalaska – Three Sixty Real Estate Solutions
- Marathon County Economic Development (MCDEVCO)
- Milwaukee Soldiers Home
- Real Estate Redevelopment and Reuse – This category recognizes innovative real estate redevelopment or reuse projects that have had a positive impact on a community’s economy, including job growth and increased tax base. Finalists:
- Belle City Square-The Arabella
- Boys and Girls Club of La Crosse
- Masters Oshkosh, LLC (dba The Mineshaft)
- Talent Development – This category recognizes initiatives or programs that have driven successful talent development efforts to strengthen the Wisconsin Workforce. Finalists:
- Greater Oshkosh Economic Development Corporation
- New North gener8tor
- New North Hires Heroes – Mission Wisconsin
THANK YOU CEDA SPONSORS: