2022 Governor’s Conference on Economic Development
February 9-11, 2022
Monona Terrace | Madison, WI
Theme: Tackling Today’s Economic Challenges
About the Governor’s Conference on Economic Development:
The Governor’s Conference on Economic Development is WEDA’s biggest education and networking event of the year. We’re excited to announce that the 2022 conference, which is returning as in-person event, will feature industry thought leaders and practitioners who will tackle workforce and economic development challenges facing our businesses and communities. The packed agenda has something for everyone as we focus on talent attraction, strengthening our communities, and advancing economic growth in rural and urban Wisconsin. We look forward to having you join us!
- Conference Opening Address: Wisconsin Governor Tony Evers (Invited) – WEDA is pleased to welcome Wisconsin Governor Tony Evers as a featured conference speaker. The 46th governor of Wisconsin has been invited to open the conference with remarks on what his administration is working on to drive economic growth and prosperity across the state. During his time in office, Governor Evers has been committed to advancing key economic development policies and programs, including rural broadband expansion, small business economic recovery, and affordable housing expansion.
- Keynote Speaker: Stephanie Klett, President and Chief Executive Officer, VISIT Lake Geneva – In April of 2019, Stephanie Klett was announced as the next President and CEO of VISIT Lake Geneva, a non-profit organization that exists to encourage, stimulate and promote economic development, expansion and diversification. She previously served for eight years as the Wisconsin Secretary of Tourism appointed by Governor Scott Walker. Klett was named as one of the “Top Women in Travel” and was one of four tourism professionals from around the world to be honored for “Outstanding Women in Destination Management/Marketing by Women in Travel and Tourism International. For 20 years Stephanie hosted Discover Wisconsin Television, the longest-running travel show in the country. During that time she logged more than one million miles, earned 10 Emmy nominations and won the Emmy for On-Camera Hosting.
- Opening Speaker: Mark L. Madrid, Associate Administrator, Office of Entrepreneurial Development, U.S. SBA – Mr. Madrid has been selected to serve as Associate Administrator for the Office of Entrepreneurial Development (OED) at the U.S. Small Business Administration. In this role, Mr. Madrid will lead the OED. Previously Mr. Madrid served as CEO of Latino Business Action Network, a national 501(c)(3) organization focused on strengthening America through funding and supporting U.S. Latino entrepreneurial research and education-impact programs at Stanford University. Mr. Madrid was named the 2019 Silicon Valley Nonprofit CEO of the Year by the Silicon Valley Business Journal.
- CLICK HERE to review current conference agenda
Conference Award Presentations: The following WEDA Awards will be presented at the conference:
- 2022 Andy Lisak Young Professional Award
- 2022 Organizational Excellence Award
- Hilton Madison Monona Terrace – 9 East Wilson Street, Madison, WI
- Special WEDA Conference Rates: $82/Sgl. State ID required | $139 – Standard Room
- Reservations must be made by JANUARY 9, 2022, by phoning 1-800-445-8667. Please reference group code WEDA for the standard block and WEDAST for the state rate to make your reservations.
- Check-in: 3 pm | Check-out: 12 noon
- Parking: Self-park $19/night
Additional Lodging Options:
- Hyatt Place Madison Downtown – 333 W. Washington Avenue, Madison, WI
- Reservations must be made by JANUARY 9, 2022, by calling 1.888.492.8847 – Request Wisconsin Economic Development Association Room Block
- Best Western Premier Park Hotel – 22 S. Carroll Street, Madison, Wi
- Reservations must be made by JANUARY 19, 2022, by calling 608-285-8000. Please reference “WEDA – 2022 Governor’s Conference” room block.
- Hotel Indigo – 901 East Washington Street, Madison, WI
- Reservations must be made by JANUARY 10, 2022 by calling 1.608.256.0061
Exhibit Tables Available:
- Take advantage of this unique opportunity to share your products and services. Exhibit information can be found on the conference registration site or by contacting Kathy Davies, conference planner – firstname.lastname@example.org or 715.344.2457. Exhibit spaces are $150 for WEDA members and $250 for non-members.
Conference Sponsorships Available:
- Conference sponsors make this programming possible. In return, your organization will be recognized across Wisconsin! For more information, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
The 2022 Governor’s Conference on Economic Development is approved for IDEC credits.
- Early Bird Registration – Register by Jan. 10, 2022 for a Chance to WIN! Register by December 30 and be entered into a drawing to receive a special Wisconsin Products Gift Box! Three lucky winners will enjoy products from across the state. Early Bird Registration is sponsored by Immel Construction.
- Full Conference Registration includes Wednesday evening reception; Thursday morning continental breakfast & breaks, lunch and evening reception; Friday morning breakfast and am break. An optional fee is required to participate in the Wednesday, Feb. 9 Academy program. See registration site for details.
|First-Ring Redevelopment Enterprise||
|Vierbicher – Break Sponsor||
|Latino Chamber of Commerce||
|Northwest Bank and Trust Company||
Thank YOU 2022 Conference Planning Team:
- Becky Albert, Wisconsin Indian Business Alliance
- Ruben Anthony, Urban League of Greater Madison
- Kelly Armstrong, Greater Green Bay Chamber of Commerce
- Kathryn Berger, CG Schmidt
- Jessica Cavazos, Wisconsin Latino Chamber of Commerce
- Kathy Collins, MadRep
- John Drury, Madison Gas & Electric
- Brian Gadow, City of Monona
- Melissa Hunt, Vierbicher
- David Kircher, Phoenix Financial Advisors
- Robyn Ludtke, Waukesha County Business Alliance
- Jason Monnett, WBD
- Fern Orie, Wisconsin Indian Native Loan Fund
- Jim Rosenberg, Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation
- Katy Sinnott, Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation
- Donna Walker, Dairyland Power
- Sarah Warner, Visit Madison
- Bon Wikenheiser, UW-System
- Mai Xiong, Wisconsin Housing & Economic Development Authority
- Kathy Davies, Conference Planner