WEDA Academy Update: Kathy Heady, Academy Manager
The Academy wrapped up its 2022 programs on November 2, with the webinar Basics of Tax Increment Financing. A big thank you to our instructors Sean Lentz, CIPMA, Senior Municipal Advisor, and Josh Low, Senior Finance Specialist, Ehlers, Inc. who provided an outstanding introduction to tax increment financing.
The slate of Academy programs is now in place for 2023 (see below). I appreciate the input I received from our members at the WEDA Best Practices conference in La Crosse and through our post program surveys. I also want to give a big shout out to my Academy advisory committee members Angela Close, Maysee Herr, Jenny Kuderer-Radcliffe, Daniel Lindstrom, James Otterstein, Patrick Schloss and WEDA CEO Mary Perry for their excellent program recommendations.
2023 WEDA Academy Schedule:
- February 1
- Real Estate Project Analysis: Historic Building Redevelopment to Greenfield Development – Comprehensive (in-person)
- April 12
- Stretching Your Community Marketing Dollars – Webinar
- August 9
- An Economic Developer’s Guide to Municipal Engineering Terms – Webinar
- September 27
- Tax Increment Financing – Comprehensive (in-person)
- November 8
- Industrial & Business Park Development – Webinar
Look for registration soon on weda.org for the February 1 Academy program on Real Estate Project Analysis. If you are looking to expand your knowledge and skills in understanding and evaluating real estate project opportunities in your community, this is the course for you.
As always, I encourage you to reach out to me at email@example.com if you have any program ideas, topic suggestions, or if you are interested in serving as an instructor.